Do you want to build a Saint Paul that works for all of us?
Melvin Carter is seeking engaged, enthusiastic, and passionate individuals to be a part of his campaign team. This internship will give insight into how a local-level campaign is run. You will be learning and strengthening foun Save & Exit dational organizing and canvassing skills, connecting with the people of Saint Paul, and assisting in all aspects of campaigning. You can expect direct contact with the people of Saint Paul every day, a constant flow of coffee and snack items, and that every day will be different. We value justice in all forms, inclusivity, and a desire to enact change.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Self-starter with the ability to work in a varied environment–flexibility and adaptability are necessary
● Dedication to progressive candidates and ideas
● Equity and inclusion are core personal values
● Able work collaboratively as well as independently
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Open communicator, knows when to engage in active listening skills
● Previous campaigning experience is not necessary
Logistics: This position is unpaid. 10 to 20 hours weekly is suggested, hours are flexible. This position is being offered May 22, 2017 through November 7, 2017. The campaign office is located on a busline. A personal laptop is highly recommended. If you do not have one, the campaign will be able to help you obtain one for work use and can guide you on where to find one for personal use.
To Apply: Please provide a response to the following questions:
1) What interests you in applying for the internship? What specific skills and concepts are you hoping to learn during this internship?
2) What skills and perspective will you bring to the campaign? Please describe how this will contribute to the work of Melvin Carter’s Campaign for Saint Paul Mayor.
Send your response and resume to email@example.com. Please call or text LyLy at 612-219-8659 if you have any questions or concerns.